Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Unit planning with OneNote sucks!

Yes, the title is clickbait!

Yesterday during our in-service work day (and fighting with OneDrive for Business's corrupted cache) I made a sad discovery. Files attached in a OneNote document, where they show up as cute little icons, are copied and embedded in the document itself. Any edits made to the original file will not show up in OneNote's copy, and edits made to the document in OneNote will not show up in the original file.

This makes sense, linking to the original file on disk would be disastrous with Office 365 cloud storage and sharing system. For most people this isn't an issue. Because I work on multiple machines, including my Linux desktop, I would be locked out of my files. LibreOffice does not have an OneNote equivalent. I am also terrified of the OneNote file being corrupted and I lose everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment